Provectus® Oxygen Release Substrate (ORS) is easily deployed via groundwater wells using the Provect-ORS Sleeve delivery system to stimulate aerobicbiodegradation of organic contaminants. In the subsurface, the ORS materials will react with water to release oxygen slowly for a period of 3 to 6 months:
2CaO2 + 2H2O → 2Ca(OH)2 + O2
When necessary, exhausted sleeves are replaced with new ones to continue treatment. Organic constituents amendable to aerobic biodegradation processes include:
- Petroleum Hydrocarbons
- Light polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Three different ORS options depending on site specific conditions, remedial application and budget.
- Significant cost savings realized due to high oxygen release rate and lower price compared to alternatives.
- Contains nutrients and is pH-buffered to reduce self-encapsulation.
- Estimated longevity of 3 to 6 months.
- Substantial time savings in the field because the reusable ORS Sleeves (PVC or stainless steel) are easy to insert and retrieve from the well.
- Ease of determining the exact depth at which the ORS Sleeve is deployed.
- Sleeves available for 2” and 4” wells.
- Up to three ORS Sleeves may be suspended in a well to increase vertical zone of influence.